Advice on how to prepare for an interview with a Danish company
An interview with a Danish company may or may not be different from what you are accustomed to. In any case, it is a good idea to become familiar with the norms of interviewing in Denmark. As with any interview, it is crucial that you are well prepared. This can in turn help manage any nerves you may have about your first interview.
When attending an interview in Denmark, remember to make sure that you have researched the company beforehand – try to find out as much as you can about them. What are their values? What is important to them? What are the latest developments in the company? How do you see yourself fitting in? Be ready to communicate this during the interview.
10 tips for job interviews from WorkInDenmark:
- Arrive in good time
- Look at the person you are talking to
- Be honest, but professional
- Look presentable, and be calm
- Bring all relevant documents (your application, CV, the job ad and degree diplomas)
- Remember to ask questions about the job and the company
- Prepare a short presentation about yourself and your reasons for applying for the job
- Get clarification on the procedure following the interview
- Send a follow up email thanking the employer, and to re-affirm your interest in the job if this is the case.
Here are some of the questions you may encounter at a job interview
- Why did you choose to apply to our company?
- Where do you see yourself in three years?
- What are you strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Which competencies would you like to develop?
- How do you react to pressure/stress?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- What are your expectations with regard to your manager?
- What role do you play when working in a team?
- What are you like to work with?